Sunday, January 15, 2012

"don’t settle as with all matters of the heart you will know when you’ve found it." -Steve Jobs

Wow... it has been UNGODLY too long since I have posted. Soo much has changed since then.... SOOO MUCH! I have no idea what I am doing with my life or what my next move is... everyone says I have sooo much time but honestly I have to choose my major in a couple months. Frankly I have NOOO idea. Going into college I was management, since then I have thought econ, finance, accounting, entrepreneurship, and now marketing. Which is practically every business major. 

Right now I am between these three:

Econ: Helps prepare me for the LSAT, and one less class than all the other majors. But who knows if I am even planning on taking the LSAT anymore even. And what would I really want with an econ degree... 

Finance: I don't know if I will like the classes, but it would be useful for life. 

Marketing: I think I might like marketing, my dad was a marketing major and it is the most broad. However, I cannot take my intro to marketing class until I return from spain (OH! I'm moving to spain in august... it really has been long!!) and I have to choose my major BEFORE I leave for spain. Choosing marketing would be a total crapshoot... it could be the kiss of death on the next two years of my life... okay three semesters but still. 


So here is the deal. If I am thinking of econ only because it has one less class, and I am taking 12 credits each semester... maybe I'm not supposed to be a student. Now this may sound perfectly normal... but hear me out. Everyone in my family has their end degree. My mother has her doctorate in nursing, my father his juris doctorate, and my sister is a third year med student. I have a LOT of pressure on me, I feel like I am letting my family down and wasting the opportunities I was born with. 

My dad did recently discuss with me quality of life. He told me, for the first time, that my happiness in life is more important than money. Everything WILL turn out okay. I need to relax, not worry, and make decisions. My life will unfold, and I cannot wait to see where it takes me and what new friends I make in the process.

PS- I am in love with Steve Jobs... I wish he was still alive because it would definitely be on my bucket list to have a conversation with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment