Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese

I revisited an old favorite today for lunch. I used to make my favorite, 3-cheese grilled cheese before I was vegan. It had, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and one other type I think I used provolone or cheese shreds, but I can't really remember. So, today I veganized it! Now, you are really going to think I am the biggest space cadet, which I guess I kind of am... Anyway, I remembered to take pictures so that's good! I will give you the recipe for how I made it, with the additions of how I SHOULD have made it! I eat small meals every couple of hours, so I made a half sandwich.

Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese

  • Toffuti better than cream cheese
  • Daiya mozza shreds
  • Parma-Raw vegan parmesan 
  • Bread
  • EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)




Pour some evoo into a skillet and place bread so both sides get covered on evoo. Heat till it sizzles and gets a little brown, do NOT let it sit all the way. Only have it as cooked as you want on the side that will be inside. You will put the bread back on the skillet later, but only on the sides that are on the outside. (hopefully you followed that) Remove from skillet and spread cream cheese on the side you have cooked the way you want (aka, the inside), it melts so you don't need much. On half of the bread cover in Daiya cheese.
This cheese goes a long way and is very cheese, so you don't need as much as you would regular cheese. Now, this is where you add the vegan parm, shake as much as you want! There is nothing special about this "cheese." Cut bread in half, fold up, replace on skillet. Normally, this would actually melt, but since I already had the bread the way I liked, I was afraid to leave it on for much longer. If the outside of your sandwich is in condition to be left on longer, leave it on until it is the way you like it (I like my bread a little crispier) This will help the Daiya melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment