Sunday, December 19, 2010

Impulse Baking

I decided at 8pm tonight that I was going to do some major baking for friends. I have 5 things on the menu, but could not find vegan marshmallows or graham crackers at my local store so one of them will have to wait. O well!



I am almost done with my first recipe, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies. They look soooo good so far I cannot wait to sample! I got this recipe from vegweb.com but it was an adaption to an original recipe found in Vegan with a Vengeance.









The dough was yummy as I have found from my samplings (strictly for informative purposes only, I assure you)










Ok, so they turned out GREAT! A different texture than I thought, but still amazing! YUMM!







Now I am working on the peppermint crisps! I got this recipe somewhere non-vegan, but just make sure you use vegan chocolate and you're good! You will need a food processor for this one though. I am a little nervous because I don't have one and I'm going to attempt to break up the caramelized sugar with peppermint extract and get it down to the consistency of sugar again... with a rolling pin! Wish me luck!

Ok, so the first time I made the serum I messed up the proportions and only cut one of the ingredients in half! DUMB! So, I am re-trying it... I hope it works better this time...

Ok, so the syrup worked... but when it cooled it stuck to my wax paper....its a huge mess... and the saucepan I put it in got all stained. GROSS! Ug... I do NOT recommend this recipe unless you are highly skilled in cooking/baking.


I've got to admit, had it not been such a pain
in the rear it would have been pretty cool!

I will upload pics later... I'm too exhausted from that peppermint mess to even think.



Ok, so I finallllly finished those damn peppermint crisps! Word to the wise: if you are new to cooking/baking do NOT make the peppermint yourself!

All you have to do is melt your chocolate (1 cup dark, 1 cup semi-sweet: or any combo you like that's vegan)









then pour in about 1/8th a cup of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint and your coconut and spread it into your pan! sooo much easier and only takes about five minutes!









Now, on to the buckeye balls! Another vegweb recipe. This will have to wait till tomorrow though because it is 4:11 am and I decided to start baking at 8pm! Of course, I had to go shopping, etc. Anyway, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment