Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vegan Wine and Cheese Meet-Up

So, I haven't really had many updates on recipes because I have been eating leftovers and my mom and I went out to lunch today. One of my favorite restaurants! I got my favorite veggie burger of all time and a tempeh wrap. Ya, I've been eating a lot lately! Anyway, last night I went to a vegan wine and cheese meetup in my area. It was really great to meet so many awesome new people. I was definitely the youngest one there, luckily I dragged my mom along with me though! It was awesome, they had amazing desserts and I met so many ARA's who were willing to help me out. They gave me so many new ideas and I am excited to try them out in my college town. They had sugar and gingerbread cookies, chocolate mouse cake from The Chicago Diner, chocolate coffee truffles, "cheese" cubes, cashew basil and herb "cheese" spread (follow the link for recipe), crackers and tofurky and toffutti roll-ups!! SOO GOOD! Now I want to do AR with my life. I do not know what I want to do exactly with my life though, so it's difficult. I just know I need to help animals. It makes me nervous because the clock is ticking. Anyway, I have been able to get in touch with a couple vegans from my town so I am actually really excited. I think we are going to start leafletting!!! Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment