Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Frenchly Toast : )

I made vegan french bread and pizzas the other day at my aunts house. She won a free in-home cooking tutorial from an auction and they actually made pizza's just for me! The dough's were actually already vegan. Anyway, we didn't eat all the bread right away (go-figure) and it went stale (even more go-figure) so what else could I do with it but make french toast!! I Iphone googled a vegan french toast recipe and just kind of eyeballed it.

3/4 cup of organic almond milk
dash/ish of cinnamon (per taste)
some sugar
3ish tablespoons of flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)

The first go-round I did NOT use an oil, I used a bit of smart balance light w/ flax (vegan) but it did not FRY it... it was a little soggy but I also loaded the bread in batter.
The second go round I used some oil, and uhhh set off the smoke alarm because it was smoking so much... anyone know how to prevent that? Clearly I am still a novice lol! But they turned out great both times, today they could have used a lot more batter and idk... it just didn't seem like french toast, maybe because I had never actually had french toast with french bread. Who knows.... I loaded it with maple syrup and powdered sugar and dusted with cinnamon for good measure, you could add berries and more sugar for more measure... but that's more calories, and we didn't have berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment