Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Avacado bean tacos

I made dinner tonight for the first time in a while. I wanted tacos, and would have used some fake meat but did not for two reasons. 1) I am trying to be more healthy, natural and holistic (psh good luck!) 2) My mom's boyfriend is an omni and didn't want fake meat. So I made these with bean. I would like to point out that a lot of my cooking recipes (unless otherwise specified) I make up on my own based on my taste preferences at the moment and what I think would taste and feel good in my mouth! (ok that might have taken it too far, know I debated deleting it...) So you will need! (and because I make these up feel free to add anything {cruelty free} that you would like to them!)

This made about 7 tacos (I used the boxed ones that are pretty tiny, so it really didn't make much)

Onion (however much you think you'd like, cooking is all about trusting your taste buds!)
Garlic (I used one clove)
Black beans (I used nearly a whole can)
I used a Hemp vinaigrette as an oil (adds omega-3's)
I also added two splashes of lime juice to give it a more cajun feel
I added dashes of ground cumin and ground red pepper
Then I soft and hard shells
I added garlic hummus to the actual tortilla on the soft shells and on top like sour cream in the hard shells.
Then topped with avocado wedges and lettuce shreds!!

Photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment