Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheesy Spagheasy

Ok, so if you have been wondering where these awesome names are coming from, that is all thanks to my wonderful mother! My whole family is kind of a health buff family and my mom is always on the perma-diet! Anyway, despite her not wanting to transition, she and my father have both been very supportive of my choices. She alwayyyys used to make me pasta when I lived at home so besides her naming it, this is sort of a dedication to her! She used to just make noodles and parmesan but since I haven't found an accurate replacement for that just yet, I use spaghetti sauce. This recipe is sooo creamy and a delicacy (even though it is suuuper easy and is basically spaghetti!!) Hence the cheesy, spagh(etti) and easy parts to its name!

You will need:
Whole wheat noodles
Spaghetti sauce (I use prego veggie smart smooth and simple, since I HATE tomatoes this is a super smooth recipe that is full of flavor! and has two servings of veggies!)
daiya mozza shreds (btw I'm almost out of these and as you may have noticed I put it in EVERYTHING! sooo I'm running out of ideas since I LOVE cheese!)
Parma raw
A microwavable pasta maker (I use pasta 'n more, but other brands are pasta boat which can be found at walgreens, or you could make it on the stove top but I don't have one of those lol)

Make your pasta how you like it (al dente provides the most flavor) add your spaghetti sauce and stir in daiya and put a little on top, microwave for about 30 seconds or until daiya starts getting gooey. Add your parma raw on top for looks, texture, and taste!

Notice how the sauce almost becomes like a creamy red sauce, it gets
thicker and creamier and much richer and is so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment